This assessment is relevant to the following Course Learning Outcomes:
CLO 1 Critically analyse agile project management methodologies
CLO 2 Critique and justify the use of agile versus traditional project management methodologies in response to diverse industry scenarios
CLO 3 Select and apply agile project management methodologies to deliver effective project management planning
CLO 4 Formulate agile project management engagement strategies which effectively respond to the diverse needs of industry stakeholders
Once you have prioritised the user stories use the planning poker game to estimate the size of the prioritised user stories. This will help to plan for sprints and provide an estimate on time and efforts that is needed to accomplish the project. In the Project Plan you will be required to:
– Explain the planning poker process.
– Report on your prioritised product backlog including estimated story points.
You will need to assume the likely number of sprints and depict an initial sprint plan using Trello board.
– Clearly explain any assumption you made throughout the process.
Identify the major stakeholders of the project and develop a stakeholder management plan by developing the following:
– Develop power/interest grid and stakeholder mapping and, explain them.
– Develop a stakeholder engagement and communication plan to explain the ways you are going to engage stakeholders.
– Clearly discuss your assumptions regarding stakeholders and communication plan.
Remember stakeholders are not limited to your team and client (RMIT ITS). There would be more.
1. Task list and sprints plan
You will prepare a list of tasks that you think are essential for successful delivery of project proposal. The task list forms the backlog for your Scrum board in Trello. You will then make an initial sprint planning and organise your work into 3 sprints. You must include evidence of this planning by showing the:
– Task list (backlog) on a prioritised order,
– Sprint plan organised into 3 one-week sprints.
You are expected to video record a total of 2 sprint reviews for sprints 1 and 2 and, submit the YouTube links in Canvas. The sprint reviews include the following elements:
– You explain the sprint backlog and tasks performed in the sprint.
– You discuss what went well during the sprint, what problems you ran into, and how those problems were solved.
– You explain your plan for the next sprint