An organization’s service culture is made up of many facets, each of which affects the customer and helps determine the success or failure of customer service initiatives.
Log on to the Internet and research the mission statements of the following five organizations:
- U.S. Department of Education
- USAA Educational Foundation
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Starbucks Coffee
- Florida Hospital.
Locate the information by going to available search engines and typing in the name of the organization, then searching its site for “mission statement.”As you view each organizational mission statement, answer the following questions:
- Are their shared values and beliefs evident in the different mission statements? If so, what are they?
- As a customer/client, do you feel that the organization values you? Why or why not?
- Does the focus of each mission statement seem to differ between types of organizations (e.g., government, nonprofit, not-for-profit, and for profit)? Why or why not?
- If you were writing each mission statement, what would you add or delete?