A hospital marketing director at a very large hospital in an urban setting has several research projects to undertake this quarter. The hospital is continuing to expand its offerings in the metropolitan area and ensure a strong relationship with the top physicians in the community.
The 3 current projects that he is currently researching include the following:
- The hospital urology department wants to establish a sexual dysfunction clinic. The department head wants to get an estimate of the number of men ages 35–60 in the community suffering with some form of sexual dysfunction.
- A primary care medical group is trying to determine whether patients are being greeted and serviced appropriately by the billing and admitting departments.
- A managed care organization (MCO) is trying to determine what concerns physicians have in agreeing to become part of its panel of physicians who will treat their enrollees.
He has asked you to assist by developing a report analyzing how each of these 3 projects would be communicated to each market segment and how each will help the hospital improve its relationship with the public.
Because of the nature of the report, it needs to include a critique of current literature (scholarly references) to support a position on each.
The use of APA Style and at least 3 references is required.
Unit 3 DB DUE 9/1 300 WORDS
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 500–700 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Health care markets in the United States are rapidly changing. The effectiveness of marketing techniques, competition, and the demands for health care services vary by geographic region for a variety of reasons.
Discuss the following for this assignment:
- Describe the importance of profiling a market’s area.
- Discuss 2–3 sources of primary and secondary data that can be used to analyze a market.