XYZ Robotics Company creates talking and non-talking robots for manufacturing assembly lines. You are a marketing researcher and your boss (the president) has lately been thinking the company needs to expand their market and/or product lines because sales have begun to level off. He has tasked you with doing research on one of the following (your choice) and presenting a recommendation to him.
1) Finding out the best other uses of the robots they currently manufacture (you can choose a particular field of interest)
2) Finding out in which countries there is the greatest demand for robots and what type and why
3) What kinds of software packages they should provide to customers and why
The researched problem must be responded to in no fewer than 2,500 words and no more than 3,000. The word count includes all components. The purpose of establishing a word count is to ensure the topic chosen is neither too big nor too small. Also, writing within parameters is a common requirement in business communications.
For the researched proposal, you will identify the exact problem. Then, based on one of three general topic choices above, you will analyze the topic using research to provide a recommendation to address the problem or issue based on that research. Your audience is a decision-maker or group of decision-makers who have the power to implement your recommendation if they are in agreement with you. Thus, the research support you provide will be crucial in the executive managementâ€™s consideration of possible adoption of your recommendation.
You will develop a recommendation that is concrete and practical in addressing the problem and that can be implemented (budgetary concerns aside). Referenced sources will be included that explain the problem, issue, and/or support the suggested resolution using two to three short in-text citations with accompanying references.
The proposal must be between 2,500 to 3,000 words using APA format for your citations and references. The proposal itself should be single spaced with double spacing between paragraphs. The word count includes all components. The purpose of establishing a word count is to ensure the topic chosen is neither too big nor too small. Also, writing within parameters is a common requirement in business communications.
Checklist: You will want to ensure your submission contains the following:
- Cover page: Memo or letter depending upon audience explaining the attached proposal
- Headline information presented as a cover page
- Table of contents
- Introduction in the form of an executive summary
- Body of the proposal: (Use subheadings to break up text and separate sections.)
– Statement and general analysis of the problem using viable research.
– Assessment of the problem from various stakeholdersâ€™ viewpoints.
– Use your research to support your main points.
– Include a minimum of one original graphic explaining an aspect related to your proposal.
- Conclusion stated as a recommendation for implementation of the solution
- End matter to include reference page and any other data suitable for this section of the report