- Now that you have discussed PivotTables and PivotCharts, it is time to create a spreadsheet that includes both.
For this week’s lab work, please complete the following:
- In the Lab: Lab 1: Creating a PivotTable Report and PivotChart Report, EX 547-548.
- Lab 1: Creating a PivotTable Report and PivotChart Report Note: To complete this assignment, you will be required to use the Data Files for Students. See the inside back cover of this book for instructions on downloading the Data Files for Students, or contact your instructor for information about accessing the required fi les. Problem: You work for RealQuick Connect and help the fi nancial director prepare and analyze revenue and expenses. He has asked you to create two PivotTables and corresponding PivotCharts based on sales data. One PivotTable and PivotChart summarize the sales by Supplier ( Figure 8 – 96a). The other PivotTable and PivotChart summarize the computer sales by month for the top computer supplier ( Figure 8 – 96b). Instructions: Perform the following tasks.
- 1. Open the workbook Lab 8- 1 RealQuick Connect from the Data Files for Students, and then save the workbook using the fi le name, Lab 8- 1 RealQuick Connect Complete.
- 2. Using the data in the Sales Results worksheet, create the PivotTable and associated PivotChart shown in Figure 8 – 96a in a separate sheet in the workbook. Name the worksheet Sales By Supplier.
3. If necessary, add two blank lines above the PivotTable, and then change the contents of cell A4 to Supplier and cell B3 to Stores. Apply the Pivot Style Dark 3 style to the PivotTable. Format the values as Currency values with a dollar sign and no decimal places. Apply the chart Style 28 to the PivotChart. Resize the PivotChart to cover the range A20: G37 and then hide the fi eld buttons.
4. Create a second PivotTable and associated PivotChart as shown in Figure 8 – 96b in a separate sheet in the workbook. Name the worksheet Computer Sales By Month.
5. Change the contents of cell A4 to Month and cell B3 to Store. Apply the Pivot Style Dark 3 style to the Pivot Table. Format the values as Currency values with a dollar sign and no decimal places. Turn off the legend for the chart.
6. Filter the category by Computer. Filter the store to Green Spring Club.
7. Change the chart type to Line and then add a linear trendline that forecasts the trend for four more months. Apply the Chart Style 28 to the PivotChart, and hide the fi eld buttons.
8. Change the document properties as specifi ed by your instructor. Change the Computer Sales By Month worksheet header to include your name, course number, and other information as specifi ed by your instructor.
SPREAD SHEET 3
This week’s lab work is to construct a final project.
The final is broken up into two parts.
After reviewing the textbook chapters and links from previous weeks in eCollege, complete the final project as instructed. You will create two workbooks:
- A budget using: