HI300-3: Determine appropriate health information standards and regulations for specific organizations.
Secondary Data in Healthcare Research
Review the following website:
Source: Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project: United States Department of Health and Human Services. Retrieved from http://www.ahrq.gov/research/data/hcup/
Create an informational flyer for the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project. You should use Microsoft Word or Microsoft Publisher to create your advertisement. Include the following information:
- What is the HCUP Program?
- There are several different database tools used in this program. Name at least four database tools and give a summary for each.
- Indicate on the advertisement if your state participates in the HCUP program. If your state does participate in the program, provide the contact information for the person listed.
The Assignment should be a 1-page flyer created using either Microsoft Word or Microsoft Publisher.
This Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.). Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful. The resources used (including your text) should be properly cited.
Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word or Publisher document, in the form of a 1-page flyer.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- be a 1-page flyer;
- be double-spaced;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12-point font;
- be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
- include correct references on a separate reference page.
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University Honor Code, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and referen