Students are expected to write a 2-3 page reflection document (not including cover page and references) describing a preferred approach to counseling from the theories we have covered throughout the semester in the Corey textbook. Must be double spaced and written in APA format with a cover sheet and references. You may select one of the types of therapies that we have studied throughout the semester (e.g., Behavioral, CBT, PCT, Gestalt), or a combination of them, that you found to be most compatible with your beliefs, and most effective for helping clients deal their problems.
All of the following needs to be addressed and YOU MUST LABEL EACH SECTION accordingly as follows:
- Selected Counseling Theory: Which therapy or therapies from the selected readings did you select and why? (find the therapy options on pages 6 and 7 of the attached book)
- Goals for Therapy: What are the most important goals for therapy according to the selected therapy?
- Role of Therapist: What is your role and function as a therapist conducting this specific type of therapy?
- Techniques: What therapy techniques would you be likely to apply to a specific problem(s) when using this type of therapy?
- Expectations of Client: What changes or outcomes would you expect to see with your client after receiving this specific type of therapy?
Make sure that your opinions and assertions are supported by the information in the text and consistent with the theory or theories you selected. You should use the text as a reference as well as at least one outside resource and refer to it.